- Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dimensions of the Kitchen Compost Caddy compost bucket once it has been installed on to the Kitchen Compost Caddy rack and onto my cabinet door?
Depth = 9.0″ Width = 12.0″ Height = 8.5″
- Once installed on my cabinet door, will the Kitchen Compost Caddy compost bucket interfere with my plumbing or garbage disposal.
At this point we have sold well over 1500 units, and have not yet had a return due to the compost bucket hitting or interfering with the garbage disposal or plumbing. Our policy is to offer a full money back guarantee if a customer runs into this sort of problem. Please reference the dimensional drawings on our shop page for each style of Kitchen Compost Caddy with the Vented Compost Bucket attached.
- The city where I live provided me with a compost bucket when our curbside composting program began. How can I tell if my compost bucket will work with your Kitchen Compost Caddy Rack?
Locate the bottom of your compost bucket. If your bucket has markings showing Norseman Plastics or Orbis Corporation with Part Number NPL-291 your bucket will mount to our Kitchen Compost Caddy Rack. View List of Included Cities
- I have a narrow cabinet door, are custom widths available?
Yes, we offer a total of 11 widths, starting at 12.5″ overall bracket width end to end (mounting holes on that bracket are spaced 12″ apart).
- I have an extra wide cabinet door. Do you make your Kitchen Compost Caddy for larger size cabinet doors?
Yes, we offer a total of 11 widths, our largest width bracket is 18.0″ overall bracket width end to end (mounting holes on that bracket are spaced 17″ apart).
- What is the height of the Kitchen Compost Caddy with the storage shelf for compostable bags?
The height of that model is 16.5″.
- What is the height of the Kitchen Compost Caddy standard model (without storage shelf for compostable bags)
The height of that model is 7.7″.
- How is the Compost Bucket supported on the Kitchen Compost Caddy rack?
The compost bucket slides onto the Kitchen Compost Caddy rack and is fully supported in two places: beneath the bucket by our “V” shaped bottom support (supports the weight within the compost bucket) & from the back of the compost bucket (support pins affix the bucket to the main horizontal support of our rack).
- My cabinet doors are fairly thin. How big are the mounting screws that come with the Kitchen Compost Caddy?
The (2) mounting screws that come with each Kitchen Compost Caddy rack are 1/2″ in length. Typically cabinet door outer frames (where you mount the Kitchen Compost Caddy rack) are 3/4″ thick.
- I am ready to order and Kitchen Compost Caddy rack, how do I determine what width / size I need?
- Decide on whether you would like a Kitchen Compost Caddy with or without storage shelf for compostable bags.
- Measure the inside width of your cabinet door and specify which ordering size you require. Installation should occur somewhere on the outer thicker frame of your cabinet door to provide a strong and secure installation. This will ensure the (2) ½” mounting screws provided will not protrude through the thinner front face of your cabinet.
- The width chosen will specify the dimension measured from end to end on your Kitchen Compost Caddy. The mounting hole width (spacing of mounting holes) of the unit you choose will come to you 1/2″-1″ shorter in most cases (see dimensional drawings on our shop page for further detail).
- Does the Kitchen Compost Caddy compost bucket remove easily from the Kitchen Compost Caddy Rack?
The compost bucket can easily be removed from the Kitchen Compost Caddy rack by sliding it upwards and off the Kitchen Compost Caddy rack for ease of cleaning or emptying. To replace the compost bucket, slide the compost bucket back over the mounting pins located on the upper bracket support while the bottom of the bucket drops effortlessly into the “V” shaped bottom support located at the bottom of our Kitchen Compost Caddy rack system.
- How is my Kitchen Compost Caddy shipped to me?
We ship using the US Postal Service.
- What size compostable bags fit the Kitchen Compost Caddy Vented Compost Bucket?
Our 3 Gallon size BioBag compostable bags fit perfectly in our Kitchen Compost Caddy Vented Compost Bucket.
- How much volume does the Kitchen Compost Caddy Vented Compost Bucket hold?
The capacity of the Kitchen Compost Caddy Vented Compost Bucket is 2 gallons.
- What type of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal.
- What is your return policy?
If you are unhappy with your purchase, we will refund your purchase price if the product is in new and
- Why would I want a vented lid on my compost bucket? Won’t it smell?
Having a vented lid on your compost bucket, allows the heat and moisture that accumulates in the container to escape through the vented holes as the food waste begins to decompose. A vented compost bucket goes a long way towards keeping both the food waste within your bucket, and the compost bucket dry, minimizing odor.
- What is the purpose of the Activated Carbon Filter mounted to the lid on your Vented Compost Bucket?
Our activated carbon filter installed on the vented lid of our Kitchen Compost Caddy Compost bucket minimize odor coming from food waste within the bucket. Both the vented lid and the Activated Carbon Filter work fantastic together to minimize moisture, mold, and odor within the Vented Compost Bucket.
- How long do the Activated Carbon Filters last? Can they be rinsed out?
Typically our Activated Carbon Filters last anywhere from 4-5 months. They can be rinsed and left to air dry. Although rinsing and cleaning multiple times will diminish their effectiveness over time.
- When I need more Activated Carbon Filters for my Kitchen Compost Caddy compost bucket, Where do I go to get them?
They can be found on our website KitchenCompostCaddy.com and are sold in a 4-Pak Part number KCC-CF-4.
- How is the Activated Carbon Filter attached to the vented lid on your compost bucket?
There are two nylon filter mounting pins that are bonded to the vented lid. The Activated Carbon Filter slides over the two nylon mounting pins and is held on by two metal washers that slide over the locking mounting pin posts.
- How do I clean my Kitchen Compost Caddy Vented Compost Bucket?
The best way to minimize cleanup on your Vented Compost Bucket is to use our BioBag 3 gallon compostable bags to line it with. Also some of our customers choose to line our Vented Compost Bucket with newspapers, or paper grocery bags. Our Vented Compost Bucket is dishwasher safe, although not recommended as the heat involved in the drying cycle can distort the compost bucket shape.